Sunday, June 9, 2013

Civil War Games

Friends,

In true Civil War Addict form, I have several Civil War era games.  When we visited Gettysburg in 1994, my brother and I purchased the Gettysburg board game.  I believe it was an Avalon Hill game.  Anyway, we got hours and hours of enjoyment out of it.  I still have the game, sans most of the pieces.  Otherwise, I'd still play it.  (Though I would have to let my hot redheaded wife win.  That is normally the smart thing to do when competing against a redheaded girl of German ancestry.)

I also have some games on the computer as well.  I still play Civil War General II along with the Sid Meier's Civil War (it has Gettysburg and Antietam).  I admit that I am old school when it comes to computer games.....and probably everything else.  I still play the Red Baron (1991) using the DOS Box.  It just seems like the modern games are so complex that it takes the enjoyment aspect out of them.  If I still had my Nintendo, I'd play the North and South game.  Anyone remember that one?  Great fun!

So my question for you today is this:  What is your favorite Civil War game?  (Board game or computer game.)

My name is Lee Hutch and I am a technologically challenged Civil War Addict.