Friday, July 26, 2013

An Angry Addict

Friends,

I am making Saturday's post one day early.  I am not a happy Addict.  I want to know what a$$hat thought it would be funny to vandalize the Lincoln Memorial?  Now, I really doubt that the person (or persons) who did such a thing read my blog, but if you are the guilty party and you happen to read this, I have the following message for you.  I hope that the US Park Police find you and remove your genitals (if you have any) with a rusty spoon.  Afterwards, I hope you are locked in a small room and forced to watch Gods and Generals nonstop for seven days.  Beginning on the 8th day, I hope that you are forced to stand at the Lincoln Memorial every day for one year wearing a sign that says "I'm the a$$hat who vandalized this monument."

I don't care what your reason for the vandalism was.  I don't care if you were making a political point or simply engaging in teenage buffoonery.  You did something very, very bad and I hope you suffer the wrath of the Federal Government.  This ranks right up there with Ozzie Osbourne urinating on the cenotaph at the Alamo.  There are some things you just don't do.  I'm sure you found your prank really funny at the time.  Let's see how funny you think a jail cell is.

My name is Lee Hutch and I am a Civil War Addict who doesn't suffer morons who deface national monuments gladly.

2 comments:

  1. This isn't the first time the Lincoln Memorial has been vandalized, and it won't be the last. In truth, no memorial should be vandalized, out of respect for the person whose memorial it is. However, since A.Lincoln is a controversial topic, the vandalization of his memorial should come as no real surprise. To prevent any memorial from being the target of vandal(s), perhaps we need stricter penalties to deal with those who choose to do the vandalizing. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I am curious as to who the vandals were. Was it someone making a political point or was it teenagers who don't even know who Lincoln was. Either way, the penalty should be swift and harsh.

    ReplyDelete