Have you ever wondered what it is like to be married to a Civil War Addict? Our special guest poster has graciously offered to share her viewpoint.
My husband and I are considering purchasing a new TV, which in our house is a big purchase. Today I received a text message about a 1940s Hangar Dance that will be held in our area. The text message read "I could get a new uniform instead of the TV." That got me thinking about what it is like being married to a Civil War Addict.
Here are just a few of the things that have come up in our five years of marriage which might be signs that you too are married to a Civil War Addict.
1. If you have ever heard the phrase "It isn't a costume. It is a uniform."
2. If you have ever heard ANY quote from Gods and Generals.
3. If your Thanksgiving Dinner includes hardtack and/or grog.
4. If you have ever heard "It is NOT a man purse. It is a haversack!"
5. If your husband's idea of a romantic getaway includes destinations like Franklin or Shiloh.
Then you will know that you are married to a Civil War Addict. I have enjoyed being married to my Civil War Addict very much! It probably helps that I am a history addict too, although I enjoy different time periods. It isn't everyone who gets to share their passions with the one that they are passionate about.
I am Mrs. Lee Hutch and I am married to a Civil War Addict.
Mrs. Lee Hutch