Sunday, June 30, 2013

My Gettysburg 150th Commemoration

Friends,

I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a suitable way to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg.  Until last night, I was drawing a blank.  Then, along about 3 am this morning, it came to me.  The benefit of being an insomniac is that I get some of my best ideas in the wee hours of the morning.  So allow me to briefly tell you how the Civil War Addict blog will honor the memory of the Battle of Gettysburg.

Just as the guns of the Civil War have long ago fallen silent, so too shall my blog.  This will mark my last blog post until July 4th.  There will be no new posts during the three day commemoration events.  Instead of reading my blog on July 1, 2, or 3rd, instead I implore you to quietly remember the veterans of the Battle of Gettysburg along with the civilians who lived there at the time of the battle.  My only Confederate ancestor in the Eastern Theater was killed at Antietam.  However, I do have two ancestors who were with the "Fightin' Fools" of the 8th Ohio Infantry.  They were not only present at Gettysburg but they also helped repulse the brave men who made Pickett's Charge.

So I bid you adieu, friends, until the 4th of July.  I will start that morning off with a new post.  However, if you need your addict fix, feel free to check out my Confessions of a Great War Addict blog here between now and then.  I will still be active on my Civil War Addict page as well.  So rest assured, I won't drop completely off the face of the earth!

My name is Lee Hutch and I will be a silent Civil War Addict blogger until July 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment