Sunday, June 2, 2013

Single Most Important Event

Friends,

First I would like to offer my apologies for not having a new post earlier in the week.  I've been gearing up to have my cortisone injection in my back tomorrow.  I am afraid of two things.  Needles and Clowns.  Hopefully a person dressed as a clown won't be giving me the injection.

That out of the way, I've been thinking about all of the major events that took place during the war years.  Is one of them more important than another?  If you change the outcome of one event, would that change the outcome of the war?  If the North had not captured New Orleans, would that have made a difference?  What about a Confederate victory at Shiloh?  Or Antietam?

Is there a single event that is more important than all others?  And if so, what is it?

See, when you are a Civil War Addict, you think about this kind of stuff.

My name is Lee Hutch and I am a Civil War Addict.

2 comments:

  1. Lincoln's victory over McClellan in the '64 election? If McClellan had won and had delivered on his promise to negotiate peace terms with the Confederacy, we'd likely be looking at a much different post-war landscape.

    ReplyDelete